Skip to content
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 5 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. half and half
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. lemmon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the asparagus stalks into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat 4 quart heavy pot over medium heat, add 2 tbsp. butter.
- Saute the onion and garlic until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus pieces, salt and pepper, then stir while cooking over medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender, then return to pot and bring to a boil.
- Whisk together half n half and sour cream, then whisk into soup.
- Bring soup to a boil, then whisk in remaining tbsp. butter.
- Add lemon juice and serve.