While visiting Mike and Katherine in Maryland, we all arrived home dog tired after a long day at work. I threw this recipe together to make use of some leftovers. Each of us had second helpings, eating every last bite, so I guess it didn’t suck.
- 9 small red potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. garlic paste, or minced fresh garlic
- 16 oz. steak tenderloin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Place steak in freezer 20 minutes before slicing
- Melt butter in 12 in. deep dish frying pan over medium heat
- Stir in garlic
- Add potatoes, cover and cook over medium heat 10 min.
- Stir in sliced peppers, cook another 5 min.
- Add thyme, salt and pepper to taste
- Remove steak from freezer, slice into 1/4 in. thick strips
- Remove cover, increase heat to high
- Stir in steak, cook until done, stirring frequently
- Serve and hope it doesn’t suck